I just tried to write this post 3 times and deleted everything because I don’t want to publish what I want to say.
– I don’t want to leave (although I AM very excited about spending the summer in Tacoma in my own house with all my besties and seeing family again, etc.)
– I’ve hands down had the best times of my life here
– Right now I don’t know what kind of games the world is trying to play on me but it’s pretty cruel
– If we want me to get home at the scheduled time, not only does the volcano have to stop erupting but British Air has to STOP striking… all my friends flights (who are all a week before mine) got changed. I would really prefer if I didn’t have a FOURTH layover because of this mess
– I’m going to miss these kids:
May 6, 2010
This post is dedicated to the one and only Becca Peiser.
I am so lucky to have Becca in my life. Becca is honest-to-goodness the most wonderful person in the world. Yeah. I said it. Becks is just awesome 100% of the time – never a downer, always looking out for others, and is a hoot. Becca has the best laugh I’ve ever heard… so great that whenever I hear it I just start asking “what happened? what’s going on? what was so funny?” Becca and I share many late nights together, gossiping and giggling, bonding over our mutual love for Chris Cabrera of Dashboard Confessional and talking about everyone else on our program, while missing the finer things in life like Taco Bell and lament the fact that our favorite vegetarian restaurant, Maitrea, is not open 24/7.
I’m lucky to have Becca around because she is the type of friend who is there when anyone is feeling down. She’s sort of the mother hen of the group in the best way possible. I’m so grateful to have such a caring, genuine, sensitive, friendly person in my life. I remember how we first bonded in London after Wicked with Alex and Kacy and we all got pizza together. I instantly knew I wanted to be around her this trip! Clearly I made good choices as she’s been stuck with me ever since.
So, Becca, now that you’re either crying or rolling your eyes at me as you read this, let me just tell you and your parents and whoever else is reading this how grateful I am – and how humbled I am – by being your friend and I am SO FREAKIN’ EXCITED to wake up with 3 hours (yeah) and spend the ENTIRE WEEKEND in Berlin with you.
I hope your birthday is half as wonderful as you are. The world is lucky to have people like Becca around. I can’t wait until October when y’all (the Texas-ness is rubbing off on me) come visit me in Washington.
❤ you lots.
WHEN I GET OLDER I WILL BE STRONGER
THEY’LL CALL ME FREEDOM
JUST LIKE A WAVING FLAG, SO WAVE YOUR FLAG, SO WAVE YOUR FLAG